I suggest you ...

Auto Skip intro no longer working.

Auto skip intro pauses and plays in rapid succession. Deleted and reinstalled extension to make sure i had newest update, still not working properly.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom Rearmem shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Lowe commented  · 

@Tool Developers

Nothing for Netflix, no.. Just ABP and one that blocks ads from The Pirate Bay. I doubt those could do anything but just to be sure I'll disable them and try when I get home.

I wish I could pinpoint the exact date that it happened, it's been close to two weeks I'd say but that's as close as I can get unfortunately. I don't recall it happening right after a Windows or Chrome update but perhaps Netflix changed something around? I'm just speculating, like I said I'm no computer wiz. Changing the text color in command prompt may be the most advanced thing I can do. :p

Thanks again for trying!

• AdminTool Developers (Admin, SubFlicks) commented  · 

@Tom Lowe

Thank you for the video It's really mind-blowing (and funny) what I saw :D

I will do some tests and try to recreate this problem to see it myself and try to fix it

BTW, do you have any other extension for Netflix besides Super Netflix?

• Tom Lowe commented  · 

@Tool Developers

Yes, I'm certain it's on shows that support skipping the intro. With the extension disabled I can click the skip intro button and it functions as it should. With the extension enabled though it skips the intro but as it begins to play after skipping it begins to rapidly pause and play. The show/timer doesn't advance but it may be advancing at an infinitesimal rate. However I'm inclined to believe that it's replaying the same frame over and over. I doubt that matters much, though.

I don't have screen capture software installed at the moment but I took a short video so you could see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSlMzWkzhk

That is with the extension enabled. With it disabled it doesn't skip unless you click skip intro and it doesn't have the rapidly pausing/playing issue.

My computing knowledge is limited so I don't know if it matters, but I'm running an older machine - a Satellite from 2010 - with the latest Windows 10 and Chrome.

Anything else I can do to help please let me know. Thanks so much for looking into this.

• Tom Lowe commented  · 

The same thing is happening to me. I tried the same solution - deleted and added it again - to no avail. It happens with at least the three shows that I've tried. The problem probably lies specifically within the auto-skip code as the symptom (rapidly pausing and playing) only occurs after auto-skipped intros.

I hope this helps and you guys can figure it out for the next update. I love this extension and the auto-skip feature is my favorite part.

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base